Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Interview

Here is my response to the story The Interview:

  • I think Mason says "Deprivation is largely an attitude of mind" simply because,he is an innocent man,but been suffered for several weeks. This is not common situation to happen for ordinary man like him. He thinks that the colonization attitude is mainly to get what they expected they should. The colonization is trying to control one's mind. The way Mason response to what he had been through was control by his mind. He can be better or worst if he think it is the way it should be.
  • What deprive me is when I don't have enough strenght in me to do what I want to do in my life.
  • For Mason ,what necessary for him at that time was nothing much,as he realizes even hunger can be not just unpleasant,but also a companion to him. He even question what is happiness.
  • Necessary for me is money. Without money I don't think I can do anything in this world. Although money is not everything, but everything needs money. Saving is one way to make sure I have enough money whenever I need it.

No comments: